I’m Willian Molinari, also known as PotHix. I’ve been working with software development since 2006, using many languages professionally throughout the years.
It would be hard to add all the topics I’m passionate about in the top menu, so I decided to keep a list here:
- Write: I’m a published author and writing is something I love.
- Tech: I love technology and I’m usually speaking about programming in Brazil and around the world.
- Travel: I like to travel and had the chance to visit 10+ countries and 7+ states of my own country of residence.
- Read: I like reading and I keep my Goodreads reviews updated while I’m posting all my book reviews here.
- Media: All podcasts and videos I did myself or was an invited guest.
- Movies: There are some movies worth watching. Here I list the ones I recommend
- Gifts: Ever thought about giving me something as a gift? Please don’t give me random stuff (I try to be a minimalist), that’s why I maintain this page.
Getting in touch
Want to contact me? I decided to centralize the pointers to all my profiles at about.me/pothix.
You can always send me an email (preferred method) on pothix [at] pothix [dot] com or contact me via Telegram if it’s something urgent.
What does PotHix mean?
Well… Here we go again. :)
If you’re reading this the probability that you asked me “WTF PotHix means” is really high, so I redirected you to this page where I tried to explain the reason of that silly nickname.
Back when Diablo II was a hit I had a Paladin char and was playing Diablo a lot with my friends. In the same time I found that was really boring to create new accounts on some websites because the name WillianMolinari was already taken on them (yes.. The same name with the same letters), so I decided that a new nickname was needed! And started thinking about it.
The requiremens are:
- Good to read
- Should represent things I like
With these requirements in mind I started to pick some letters:
- P aladin
- o f
- t he
- H eaven
Nice! It was cool to me, I think nobody else will use PotH as a Nickname… until I found a guy with PotH as surname when playing Gunbound (with a 56kbs connection… LOL). So, let’s go to the plan B:
- ix - from the *.nix. Linux ftw. :) So I got PotHix!! Yay!!
Silly, isn’t? 😐
As you could see on my requirements, I was not thinking on people calling me by this name, I just wanted a good nickname to use on my games and logins, but today I’m known as PotHix more than Willian Molinari. LOL
So, you can stop asking me if PotHix has something to do with drugs…It is just a nerd thing from someone that haven’t considered people saying this out loud. ;)