I’m living in São Paulo, Brazil and working for Doist remotely and asynchronously full-time.
Intervac when there time to spare.
Here is a list of my current priorities:
- Improving Todoist and Twist APIs and integrations platform at Doist. Mostly working with Python and Golang.
- Improving my Rust skills and trying to contribute to the compiler (not much time for it nowadays, unfortunately)
- Co-authoring a book about Rust in pt-BR 🦀
- Taking care of my twin babies at home with all its ups and downs (more downs than ups in the beggining, but there are some magic moments sometimes). Currently, I would say it’s 10-20% good moments and 80% struggling to be able to do everything and be happy.
- Building a knowledge-base using Roam Research. It' literally changing the way I consume content. I totally recommend it.
These are some activities I still enjoy and want to be involved but I’m not finding much time nowadays:
- Being one of the main organizers of the São Paulo Rust community (for 3+ years), not very active due to the pandemic
- Trying to get some time to assemble a dactyl-cc.
- Consuming books (mostly audiobooks on Audible). My reviews are available here. I was still able to read 10 books this year already and I’m glad about it.
- I’m still part of the team that organizes meetups for the Ruby community in São Paulo (for more than 12 years).
Things that I’m avoiding because of COVID-19:
- Organizing any kind of meetup.
- Traveling (unfortunately)
- Playing Magic the gathering for fun. I’m playing Pauper. my decks are here. I usually play in a local game store, but it’s not a good time for this until I feel safe again. For now, I’m trying Magic arena mobile. It’s not the same, but let’s see.
- Going to the Gym. Actually, going out. I’m just going for a walk with the dog nowadays
(last updated in Aug 2021)