2 minutes reading | Também disponível em 🇧🇷
Book: The Drawing of the Three (The Dark Tower, #2) by Stephen King. Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
What a surprise! I enjoyed listening to this book. I have the whole series of books (printed version) here and decided to listen to the first one some years ago. I was not very impressed by it and decided to put the who series aside for some time. Last month I decided to give the second book a shot.
I liked the way the characters were developed and how their stories crossed one another. The Audible narration was also quite good and helped with the ambiance.
I’m excited about the next book now, let’s see if it keeps my interest!
There’s not much to take notes from fantasy books IMO but here are some notes I took while reading it.
- In a world where a carrier can fly through the air better than any eagle, anything seems possible
- Maybe my sugar is their cocaine. Why would people look for ilegal drugs when they have beverages with that amount of sugar. The gunslinger was astonished after drinking soda.
- i know the past is tne past, the future is the future and now there’s only duty and taking care of yourself.
- “You’re a tower junky, Rolland”
- If you gave your heart for the tower, you already lost. A heartliss creature is a loveless creature. A loveless creature is a beast.
- In the past, calling people a niger was the norm, but calling them black was an insult. The opposite is valid today. – from the conversation of odetta and eddie